Culinary Schools in Oregon
Culinary Schools – Baking & Pastry Schools
Hospitality & Restaurant Management Schools in Oregon
If you are interested in going to a top rated culinary arts or hospitality management school in Oregon, check out some of the culinary and hospitality management schools below. We have searched the available programs to bring you some of the best schools in the country.
Nicknamed the “Beaver State,” Oregon is home to a diverse and beautiful landscape. From rugged mountains to urban cities such as Portland, the state of Oregon has something to offer everyone. While Oregon’s vast forests and beautiful scenery attract visitors from around the globe, the state’s prominence for salmon fishing and brewpub culture make it an attractive destination for culinary and hospitality students alike.
Attending school for the culinary arts or hospitality management is a great step forward in your career. Whether you’re looking to become a professional chef, or manage a restaurant, you’ve probably got some questions.
For answers about how to apply, financial aid, class schedules, or scholarship availability, simply find a campus you’re interested in, click on a program and fill out the short form. A representative from the school will contact you directly to answer any questions you might have about their culinary arts or hospitality programs.
|The International Culinary School at The Art Institute of Portland|
|Oregon Culinary Institute|
Culinary, Baking & Hospitality Career Outlook in Oregon
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the outlook for jobs in the restaurant, food service and hospitality industries is good with projected growth rates. The table below demonstrates some important information you may want to consider when deciding if going to culinary school and then working in Oregon is right for you.
|Occupation||Total Employment in Oregon(2014)||Average Salary in Oregon (2014||Annual Hourly Wage|
|Butchers & Meat Cutters||1,730||$33,690||$16.20|
|Chefs & Head Cooks||1,510||$40,550||$19.49|
|Cooks, Fast Food||7,510||$20,590||$9.90|
|Cooks, Short Order||1,220||$22,700||$10.92|
|Food Service Managers||310||$54,510||$26.21|
|Hosts and Hostesses||3,640||$48,980||$23.55|
Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics, 2014
Culinary & Hospitality Industry in Oregon Statistics
- SalarybyState.org – the average culinary salary for job posting in Oregon are 6% lower than the average nationwide in March of 2013.
- BLS* – In May of 2014, there were 1,510 Chefs & Head Cooks in the state of Oregon
- BLS *- the average salary for these Chefs & Head Cooks was $45,870
- BLS* – Average Hourly Wage for Chefs & Head Cooks is $19.71
The Restaurant Industry in Oregon
The restaurant industry in Oregon is a huge part of their economy and generate jobs for thousands of Oregon residents plus important tax revenues to the state. For every dollar spent in Oregon restaurants, an additional .97 cents is generated in the state’s economy.
According to restaurant.org:
- There were 9,393 eating and drinking places in Oregon in 2014
- $6.9 billion in restaurant sales projected 2015
- Restaurants will account for 183,500 (10%) jobs in Oregon in 2015
- By 2025 the projections are 26,900 jobs, a 14.7% job growth
Culinary – Baking/Pastry – Hospitality Management Schools in Oregon
- Central Oregon Community College – Culinary Arts, Chef Training
Coos Bay, Oregon
- Oregon Coast Culinary Institute – Culinary Arts Management
- Portland Community College – Kitchen Personnel, Cooks Training
Still Looking? Find More Culinary, Baking & Hospitality Schools Here
- National Restaurant Association – http://www.restaurant.org
- Bureau of Labor Statistics – http://www.bls.gov/oes/current/oes351011.htm