What to Do With Leftover Osso Buco
If you tried my beef shank osso buco recipe from the other night and had any leftovers, you may be interested in knowing what I did with mine. Osso buco is one of those great meals that not only is fantastic the night you make it, but may be better a night or two later.
Osso Buco Leftovers
- osso buco leftovers
- 1 pound pappardelle pasta or egg noodles
- salt to taste
- side dishes your choice
- I started by heating up a big pot of water to cook the pasta. (see my pasta tips)
- Then I took all the meat off the center bone, cutting it up into ½ inch chunks. Another option might be to shred the meat with your fingers.
- Once the meat is cut or shredded, add it to a saucepan that will hold the meat and the leftover sauce. Heat that up over low-medium heat.
- While the meat is reheating, add some salt to the pot of water and then add the pasta. Cook the pasta to a firmness you like. I find the pappardelle pasta or any egg noodle pasta because it cooks faster than spaghetti or penne. So, be sure to time your side dishes accordingly. You want to serve this as soon as the pasta is cooked to your perfection.
- When the pasta is done, drain it, plate some in a large soup bowl so you can add a lot of that wonderful sauce and serve.
- I served these leftovers with a fresh salad with a mustard vinaigrette along with some broccoli that I made for the kids. It really doesn't get much better than this.