Turkey Gravy in a Hurry
Need a fast but delicious turkey gravy recipe….
Who says you have to roast a turkey to have turkey gravy? Maybe you just want some turkey gravy for leftovers or for turkey open faced sandwiches. Here’s a recipe that that’s quick and easy and should do the job.
Now if you are looking for something more elaborate, check out Thanksgiving Turkey Gravy recipe.
- ½ cup melted butter
- ½ cup flour
- 4 cups chicken or turkey stock
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme sprig
- Pan drippings from roast turkey
- salt & ground black pepper to taste
- Assemble all the ingredients that you will need to prepare this gravy.
- Start by making a roux with the melted butter and flour and hold to the side.
- In a saucepan bring chicken stock or turkey stock, thyme sprig and pan drippings to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer.
- Whisk the reserved roux to simmering stock being careful to get rid of any lumps.
- Over low heat, cook the gravy for about 10 minutes until it has reached the desired thickness.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, strain to remove the thyme sprig and any unsightly "stuff" from the pan drippings and serve.
For the best source for roasted chicken stock and classic turkey gravy, check out the links below. Amazon has a full line of commercial stocks and stock reductions that are perfect for this recipe as well as making gourmet sauces.
And you may be interested in some of the other brands making commercial turkey stock for you turkey gravy.