Vegetable Stock Recipe
How to Make Vegetarian Stock for Your Favorite Vegetarian Dishes
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time35 mins
Total Time45 mins
Servings: 10 cups
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion roughly chopped
- 2 carrots peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 leeks cleaned and roughly chopped
- 2 stalks celery roughly chopped
- 1 turnip peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 parsnip peeled and roughly chopped
- ½ pound mushrooms sliced in half
- 1 Sachet d'Epices
- 10 cups water cold
Heat the oil in a heavy bottomed 6 quart stockpot over medium high heat.
Add the onion, carrots, leeks, celery, turnip, parsnip and mushrooms, and cook for 5 minutes.
Add the Sachet d'Epices and water.
Bring to a boil and quickly reduce heat to a simmer. Cook uncovered for 30 minutes, skimming the top as necessary.
Strain the stock through a colander to remove the large solids. Restrain through cheesecloth to remove the fine particulates.
Cool, and store the stock as described in the introduction.