Pasta with Garlic and Oil Recipe
A Few Simple Ingredients Resulting in a Taste Explosion
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 pound pasta
- salt and pepper freshly ground pepper, to taste
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic peeled & chopped
- ½ cup fresh parsley chopped
- hot pepper flakes to taste, optional
While the pasta is cooking, heat the oil and garlic over medium heat in a heavy saucepan until the garlic begins to turn pale gold. (Please, take the time to smell the cooking garlic and oil)
Remove the pan from the heat and add ¾ of the parsley, salt & pepper to taste.
Drain the pasta and combine with the sauce in a separate bowl and toss until all the spaghetti is coated. (if I'm not entertaining, I will often use the same pot as I cooked the pasta in so I have one less pot to clean)
Serve onto warmed plates and use the remaining parsley to garnish and serve immediately.