Crab Crunch with Tomato Aspic and Pots de Cremes
Two meals from our neighbors.
Servings: 5 servings
- 1 can cream of shrimp soup
- 2 tablespoons sherry
- 8 ounces lump crabmeat picked clean and sprinkled with lemon juice
- 1 cup celery diced
- ¼ cup onion minced
- ½ cup green pepper diced
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup rolled potato chips
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese freshly grated
- 2 3.5 ounce packages lemon Jell-O
- 4 cups V8 juice
- 1 tablespoons horseradish
- 2 tablespoons onion finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons green pepper finely chopped
POTS DE CREMES
- ¾ cup scalded milk
- 6 ounces chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons creme de menthe
- 1 egg
Combine soup, sherry, mayo and Worcestershire and mix thoroughly.
Add and mix in crab, celery, onion and green pepper.
Pour into baking dish and top with rolled potato chips.
Top with Parmesan cheese.
Bake uncovered for 45 to 60 minutes at 350° F.
Serve in prepared pastry shells (I use Pepperidge Farm)
Pots De Cremes
Place ingredients in blender in the order listed and blend on high for 1 minute.
Pour into small pots, glasses or demi tasse cups and chill 2 hours or longer.