Fresh Tomato Salsa
We call it Honus's Salsa but it is really a delicious tomato based salsa.
Servings: 6 cups
- 6 - 8 large fresh flavorful tomatoes about 6 cups
- 2 scallions finely minced
- 1 cup FRESH cilantro chopped, no stems
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup FRESH oregano minced
- 2 tablespoons Jalapeno pepper minced (more if your taste buds can handle it)
- 1 red pepper chopped
- 2 yellow peppers chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons FRESH lime juice
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Chop up the tomatoes and mince the scallions. If you can't find scallions, you can substitute fresh onion.
Mince the garlic and chop up the oregano.
Split the pepper in half and clean out the seeds and membrane and then chop into small pieces.
Mince the jalapeno and be careful. You'll want to wash your hands after handling it so not to take a chance of rubbing any in your eyes.
Once all the ingredients are prepped, add them to a large bowl and stir gently until well combined.
Cover, and refrigerate for at least one hour.
Any hardy white fish
Grilled chicken breasts
Tacos, burritos, or as a side dish for any Mexican dish
Grilled Hanger Steak