Grilled Marinated Skirt Steak Recipe
How to prepare grilled marinated skirt steaks at home.
For the Marinade
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt coarse-grain
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh herbs chopped, I used ½ tablespoon of dried rosemary and thyme each
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ¼ cup olive oil extra virgin
How Long to Marinate?
I made the marinade in the late morning and cooked the steaks about 8 hours later. Jim says 8 to 12 hours is the best amount of time for skirt steak and I would agree with him. Grilling - I'm not going to go into the fine details of grilling meat in this post but remember skirt steak is thin and doesn't take long to cook. Depending on your grill, it should take 3 to 4 minutes per side for rare, longer for medium.Other methods of Cooking - You could also broil, sauté, pan-fry, pan-roast or even braise skirt steak but grilling is my favorite cooking method.
When serving, it is critical you cut the meat across the grain.
I served this with my oldest daughter's favorite, rice pilaf and frozen peas. They both ate everything.