Kale Salad with Garlic and Lemon Juice Dressing
A great salad easy to prepare and delicious
Servings: 10 people
- 2 cups almonds chopped or sliced
- ⅓ cup lemon juice freshly squeezed, 2 - 4 lemons
- salt and pepper to taste
- ¾ cup olive oil extra virgin
- 4 cloves garlic crushed with the flat side of a knife, peeled and left whole
- 12 ounces kale washed and dried, thick stems removed (weight after trimming)
- 1½ cups Parmesan cheese freshly grated
Prep the ingredients by chopping or slicing the almonds, juicing the lemons, removing the kale stems and grating the Parmesan.
In a small skillet over medium-low heat, toast the almond pieces until lightly browned and fragrant.
Combine the lemon juice with some salt and pepper in a small bowl or jar. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil while whisking continuously to create an emulsion.
Add the garlic and let sit while prepping the kale.
You want to cut the kale into thin ribbons similar to what you do with cabbage when making Cole slaw. One suggestion is to stack the leaves, roll them up like a big cigar and cut into ¼ inch ribbons.
Put the Salad Together
In a large serving bowl, add the chopped kale, top with chopped almonds and Parmesan cheese.
Add half of the dressing to the salad and toss well. You never want to overdress a salad with salad dressing. It's always easier to add more dressing if needed than trying to remove it.
Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.