Simple One Pot Pasta Recipe
It doesn't get any easier than this.
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 pound bucatini pasta you can substitute spaghetti, linguini or fettuccine
- 15 oz diced tomatoes with liquid
- 1 large red onion peeled and sliced into rings
- 4 cloves garlic diced
- 3 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
- ½ fresh basil chopped
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4½ cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons olive oil extra virgin
- salt & pepper to taste
- Parmesan cheese freshly grated for serving
In a pot large enough to hold all the ingredients, add the pasta, tomatoes, onion, garlic, basil, pepper flakes and oregano.
Add the chicken stock and top with the olive oil.
Cover the pot and bring the liquids to a boil. As soon as it starts to boil, reduce the heat to a simmer and continue cooking for 10 - 12 minutes until most of the liquids have cooked down to a sauce-like consistency. If you want a thicker sauce, continue cooking but be careful not to cook it down too much.
Be sure to stir the pot every few minutes to combine the ingredients and prevent anything from sticking on the bottom.
Taste the sauce and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
Stir and serve with the Parmesan cheese.