Easy Pasta Dish With Easy Cleanup!
Can You Really Make A Pasta Dish With Tasty Sauce With No Water? I found this one-pot pasta idea on Facebook, found a recipe, and sent it to my oldest daughter. My wife was out of town, so she decided to make it for dinner.
We had all the ingredients in the house, and she made a few modifications to the one I sent her, but the idea of putting all the ingredients in a pot, cooking for 20 minutes and serving works.
Technique Not Ingredients
The cooking method of this recipe intrigues me more than the individual ingredients. Of course, the amount of liquids is essential, but what liquids you use or herbs and spices you choose is entirely up to you.
The sauce develops from the starches in the pasta combined with the liquids while the rest of the other ingredients cook.
How Did It Turn Out
Was it the best pasta dish I've ever eaten? No, but it was perfect for a quick & easy, simple meal that my 15-year-old daughter could throw together confidently. You could play around with some of the ingredients and even make it better, but that's up to you to explore.
Simple One Pot Pasta Recipe
- 1 pound bucatini pasta you can substitute spaghetti, linguini or fettuccine
- 15 oz diced tomatoes with liquid
- 1 large red onion peeled and sliced into rings
- 4 cloves garlic diced
- 3 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
- ½ fresh basil chopped
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4½ cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons olive oil extra virgin
- salt & pepper to taste
- Parmesan cheese freshly grated for serving
- Add the pasta, tomatoes, onion, garlic, basil, pepper flakes, and oregano in a pot large enough to hold all the ingredients.
- Add the chicken stock and top with the olive oil.
- Cover the pot and bring the liquids to a boil. As soon as it starts to boil, reduce the heat to a simmer and continue cooking for 10 - 12 minutes until most of the liquids have cooked down to a sauce-like consistency. If you want a thicker sauce, continue cooking but be careful not to cook it down too much.
- Be sure to stir the pot every few minutes to combine the ingredients and prevent anything from sticking to the bottom.
- Taste the sauce and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Stir and serve with the Parmesan cheese.
Some of My Favorite Pasta Recipes