Mango Salsa with Black Beans
How to prepare great mango salsa with black beans.
Servings: 3 cups
- ½ cup cooked black beans - you can cook them yourself but canned beans will work quite nicely.
- 1 medium mango ripe
- 1 red bell pepper
- ½ red onion
- Juice from 3 limes
- 8 tablespoons pineapple juice
- 1/3 cup of fresh cilantro
- 1- tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 jalapeno chili pepper
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
Peel & pit the mango and then dice it into ¼ inch pieces.
Core and seed the bell pepper and dice into small pieces.
Peel and dice the onion into equal sized pieces.
Squeeze the juice from the limes and have it ready.
Chop the cilantro finely.
Stem, seed and mince the jalapeno pepper. Be careful not to touch your hands to your eyes after working with this chile pepper.
Combine all the ingredients together in one good sized bowl. Taste and adjust seasonings with the salt and pepper. Don't overwork the salsa or it will become a big mush.
You can serve this whenever, but it will taste even better if you let it size a while in the refrigerator up to a few days.