We had a great weekend in State College celebrating a bunch of family birthdays. As usual, we stayed at my wife's sister's home, who takes on organizing meals for every family gathering.
She is a wonderful home cook who puts on these incredible feasts that are unique, entertaining and delicious.
One of the simpler dishes she threw together was this delicious Mango Salsa that was served as an appetizer with chips but could be used just as nicely as a topping for chicken or pork. In fact, I think I threw some on my grilled salmon.
Mango Salsa with Black Beans
- Peel & pit the mango and then dice it into ¼ inch pieces.
- Core and seed the bell pepper and dice into small pieces.
- Peel and dice the onion into equal sized pieces.
- Squeeze the juice from the limes and have it ready.
- Chop the cilantro finely.
- Stem, seed and mince the jalapeno pepper. Be careful not to touch your hands to your eyes after working with this chile pepper.
- Combine all the ingredients together in one good sized bowl. Taste and adjust seasonings with the salt and pepper. Don't overwork the salsa or it will become a big mush.