Best Culinary Schools – Baking & Pastry Schools
Hospitality & Restaurant Management Schools in Tennessee
There are not that many culinary, baking and hospitality schools in Tennessee but there are a few. The Art Institute of Tennessee – Nashville and The Culinary Institute of Virginia College are two of the bigger and better know schools. And then there are smaller programs like Dabble Studio in Nashville and The Curious Kitchen in Murfreesboro where you can take cooking classes.
The Chef Apprentice School of the Arts
Nashville Campus – Fifth Third Center, 424 Church St #213, Nashville, TN 37219
List Your School on The ReluctantGourmet.com and get your name, logo, address, phone number and links back to your school in front of individuals interested in attending culinary, baking and hospitality management schools. Learn How To Market Your School With Us Here
Culinary, Baking & Hospitality Career Outlook in Tennessee
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the outlook for jobs in the restaurant, food service and hospitality industries is good with projected growth rates. The table below demonstrates some important information you may want to consider when deciding if going to culinary school and then working in Tennessee is right for you.
|Occupation||Total Employment in Tennessee (2014)||Average Salary in Tennessee (2014||Annual Hourly Wage|
|Butchers & Meat Cutters||2,980||$28,000||$13.46|
|Chefs & Head Cooks||2,520||$34,180||$16.43|
|Cooks, Fast Food||14,530||$17,360||$8.35|
|Cooks, Short Order||3,970||$19,260||$9.26|
|Food Service Managers||8,920||$42,140||$20,26|
|Hosts and Hostesses||8,130||$18,160||$8.73|
Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics, 2014
Culinary & Hospitality Industry in Tennessee Statistics
- SalarybyState.org – the average culinary salary for job posting in Tennessee are 6% lower than the average nationwide in March of 2013.
- BLS* – In May of 2014, there were 2,520 Chefs & Head Cooks in the state of Tennessee
- BLS – the average salary for these Chefs & Head Cooks was $$34,180
- Tennessee Dept of Labor – Average Hourly Wage for Chefs & Head Cooks is $21.42
The Restaurant Industry in Tennessee
After you finish culinary school or restaurant management school you are going to find Tennessee a great state for starting your career. The restaurant industry is flourishing in the state with $10.5 billion in annual sales.
According to restaurant.org:
- There were 10,267 eating and drinking places in Tennessee in 2014
- $10.5 billion in restaurant sales projected 2015
- Restaurants will account for 291,400 (10%) jobs in Tennessee in 2015
- By 2025 the projections are 323,100 jobs. (10.9% job growth)
Culinary – Baking/Pastry – Hospitality Management Schools in Tennessee
- The Curious Kitchen – Cooking Classes
- Dabble Studio – Cooking Classes
- National Restaurant Association – http://www.restaurant.org
- Bureau of Labor Statistics – http://www.bls.gov/oes/current/oes351011.htm