Classic Caesar Salad
- Wash, dry and reserve the lettuce.
- Coddle the eggs by placing them in boiling water for exactly 60 seconds. Remove them from the water immediately and set aside. (Some chefs say to put them under cold water to stop the cooking process.) That's it. Now put it all together.
- Place Romaine in a large salad bowl and assemble all the ingredients on a tray table-side.
- Pour about ½ cup of the garlic flavored olive oil over the Romaine. Toss gently using a rolling motion. Add salt and pepper and toss lightly.
- Squeeze lemon juice over the salad and add the Worcestershire sauce.
- Break coddled eggs over the salad.
- Add the remaining ¼ cup olive oil.
- Add the cheese and toss again until the leaves are well coated.
- Add the croutons last and toss slightly.
- Arrange individual leaves on a dinner plate, stem side out, the easier to eat with the fingers as Caesar Cardini intended. Serve immediately.