This recipe comes from my friend Jules Silver. Both Jules and I like to make sauces from scratch, but sometimes time doesn’t allow for it so these little “helpers” are great to have around.
Corn Pepper Chili Relish
- 1 tablespoons Roasted Garlic Oil
- 1½ teaspoons ground chili powder
- 2 tablespoons roasted garlic and onion jam commercial product
- 1 cup corn kernels fresh or frozen
- 1 small red bell pepper cut in ½ pieces
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 tablespoon vinegar apple cider
- ½ Jalapeno pepper seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro chopped
- salt & freshly ground pepper
- Heat roasted garlic oil in large skillet over medium to high heat.
- Stir in onion, and cook until wilted and lightly colored 5-6 minutes.
- Stir in chili powder, then Roasted Garlic and Onion Jam and vinegar. Cook until jam is melted.
- Add corn, peppers, jalapeno, salt, and pepper. Remove from heat.
- Before serving, stir in cilantro.