According to reader Cherie, this is the World’s Best Shrimp and Fettuccine dish. She says this is a favorite for dinner parties, that it is easy to make and impressive to serve. It does, indeed, sound like a winner, Cherie.
Chicken stock and white wine are a classic combination of seafood-based pasta. If you have fish stock or shrimp stock, substitute that. It’s very easy to make. Simmer fish bones and/or shrimp shells in water for two or three hours.
Fettuccine with Shrimp
- 8 ounces fettuccine cooked to al dente
- 12 ounces shrimp peeled and de-veined
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms sliced
- 1 cup onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- ¼ cup chicken stock fish stock or shrimp stock
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil chopped
- 1½ teaspoons fresh oregano chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes peeled, seeded, and chopped
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese grated
- ¼ cup fresh parsley chopped
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Cook pasta to al dente in plenty of salted boiling water.
- Heat a sauté pan over medium-high heat until hot. Add oil and heat until the oil shimmers.
- Sauté the mushrooms, onion, and garlic in oil until onion is soft but not brown. Don’t forget to add a pinch or two of kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Add the wine and stock to the sauté pan and reduce by half.
- Add the herbs and shrimp to the wine mixture. Cover and simmer about 2 minutes or until the shrimp turn pink.
- Stir in tomatoes and heat through. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Add the shrimp mixture, cheese, and parsley to the drained hot pasta. Toss to combine evenly and serve immediately.
Some of My Favorite Seafood Recipes
- Salmon Curry with Coconut Miso Recipe
- Grilled Salmon Delight: Perfectly Cooked Catch of the Day
- Everything You Need to Know About Ceviche
- Roasted Cod with Potatoes and Fennel Recipe
- Classic Tuna Casserole with Dill Recipe
- Shrimp Sauce Recipe
- Shrimp and Sweet Potato Curry Recipe
- Bacon Wrapped Scallops Over Coconut Curry Lentils Recipe