If you are looking for a sauce to finish your favorite pan seared fish like scrod, flounder, haddock or orange roughly, you will love this sauce.
Seafood Sauce Recipe
It's made with a lobster stock reduction (see sources below) and will let you make restaurant quality sauces at home in minutes. Also called lobster glace or fruit de mer, you can make it yourself at home or find quality commercial products online.
If you want to make your own lobster glace, start with a homemade shellfish stock and reduce it down by half. If you have access to a bunch of lobster shells, you can make your own lobster stock reduction too.
Seafood Sauce for Pan Seared Fish
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup Half & Half half milk and half cream
- 1½ ounces lobster stock reduction also called lobster glace or fruit de mer
- 2 tablespoons basil pesto
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1 scallion
- Thinly slice the scallion separating the white end from the green end.
- In a sauce pan on medium high heat, add the butter and melt.
- Add the Half & Half, lobster stock reduction and whisk until blended.
- Simmer the sauce, whisking until slightly reduced (by about ¼).
- Add the basil pesto, lemon juice, sliced white scallion and Parmesan cheese and whisk until thoroughly blended.
- Remove from heat, plate, top with green slice scallion and serve.