If you are looking for a sauce to finish your favorite pan seared fish like scrod, flounder, haddock or orange roughly, you will love this sauce.
Seafood Sauce Recipe
It’s made with a lobster stock reduction (see sources below) and will let you make restaurant quality sauces at home in minutes. Also called lobster glace or fruit de mer, you can make it yourself at home or find quality commercial products online.
If you want to make your own lobster glace, start with a homemade shellfish stock and reduce it down by half. If you have access to a bunch of lobster shells, you can make your own lobster stock reduction too.
Seafood Sauce for Pan Seared Fish
- 4 Tbs. Butter
- 1 cup Half & Half half milk and half cream
- 1 & 1/2 oz. lobster stock reduction also called lobster glace or fruit de mer
- 2 tablespoon basil pesto
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese - grated
- The only prep is to get the ingredients together so you don't have to stop once you start making the sauce. If you buy ungrated cheese and I hope you do, now would be a good time to grate it.
- In a sauce pan on medium high heat, add the butter and melt.
- Add the Half & Half, lobster stock reduction and whisk until blended.
- Simmer the sauce, whisking until slightly reduced (by about 1/4).
- Add the basil pesto, lemon juice and Parmesan cheese and whisk until thoroughly blended.
- Remove from heat and serve.
- That's it. Couldn't be more simple, but you won't believe how good it is because you are starting with a great base for the sauce.