What To Do With All Those Peaches
When we came back from the Jersey shore last week we stopped at a farmer’s market and picked up a basket of ripe yellow Jersey peaches. With perfect texture and that distinctive aroma, Jersey peaches in season are one of my all time favorite fruits.
We had a bunch and I knew they wouldn’t last so we had to figure out what to do with them fast. My wife thought some fresh halibut topped with a peach salsa would be nice and it was terrific.
My youngest daughter doesn’t care for halibut so I grilled up a chicken breast for her and the salsa was perfect on that too. In fact, the next night I grilled up the rest of the chicken breasts for the whole family and we served it with the salsa. Delicious!!
Peach Salsa Recipe
- 5 peaches cut up into 1-inch cubes
- 3 ripe tomatoes cut up into 1-inch cubes
- 1 bunch cilantro finely chopped
- ½ red onion to taste
- Juice from 1 lime
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil or olive oil for a slightly different taste
- salt & pepper to taste
- Once you have all your ingredients prepped and ready to go, all you have to do is combine the peaches, tomatoes, cilantro, onion and lime juice.
- Add the oil and give a stir.
- Season with salt & pepper, taste and let the salsa sit for 10 minutes before adjusting seasonings.