Billy Hector’s Pot Roast
This recipe comes from Billy Hector’s mom. Who is Billy Hector you ask?
Billy Hector is the leader of a rockin’ blues band from where I grew up in New Jersey and according to the East Coast Rocker,
Hector plays with guts and displays some of the best chops you’ll see anywhere.
Those are guitar chops they are talking about and this guy is a great blues guitar player. If you are interested in hearing him play, check out his web site at http://www.billyhector.com I wonder if his mom has a good recipe for pork chops???
- Preheat oven 400° F.
- Score fat on rump in a criss-cross.
- Rub with 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar.
- Sprinkle roast with garlic powder & parsley flakes.
- In roasting pan, brown all sides in 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- With fatty side facing up, add chunks of carrot, celery, and onions around roast.
- Add 1 to 1½ cups water.
- Without lid, place in oven 10 minutes.
- Cover with lid tightly, reduce heat to 350° F for 2½ to 3 hours depending on size. When pierced easily with fork, it is done.