For lunch, my wife put together this simple but delicious tuna salad served with fresh tomatoes. There must be hundreds of ways to make tuna salad depending on what you have on hand.
I love these types of recipes that you create by making it up as you go along. Trouble is sometimes they are hard to duplicate.
Servings: 4 people
- 2 cans tuna packed in water
- 1 stalk celery
- 1 egg hard-boiled
- 1 teaspoon fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon mustard my wife used French's
- mayonnaise to taste
- salt & pepper to taste
- Dice the celery, chop up the hard-boiled egg and get the rest of the ingredients nearby.
- Open the can of tuna and squeeze out the excess water.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, add the tuna and break it up some. Not too much though. The chunks look nice when serving however the more you break it up the further it will go.
- Add the celery, egg, dill, relish, mustard and a little bit of mayonnaise. Mix it together with a fork being careful not to overwork it. Depending how you like it or if you are on a diet or not, adjust the amount of mayonnaise.
Simple but makes a nice lunch.
Leave a Reply