Baking or roasting squash is a great way to add a side dish to any meal and as long as you are baking one or two, why not bake three or four for later in the week or for making soup. This is the way my wife prepares Acorn Squash and I love it.
If you are interested in learning more about winter squash and its’ many varieties, check my Winter Squash article.
Baked Acorn Squash Recipe
- 1 tablespoon Acorn Squash halved
- 2 tablspoons pats of butter
- 2 teaspoons of honey or maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- tablespoon Salt & pepper
- Pre heat oven to 375 - 400 degrees F.
- With a large spoon, scoop the seeds out of each half of the squash.
- To each half, add 1 pat of butter, 1 teaspoon of honey or maple syrup, 1 tablespoon of brown sugar and salt and pepper to taste.
- Place upright on a greased cookie sheet and roast for about 1 hour or until tender when flesh is poked with a fork. If the squash halves want to roll, make an aluminum foil "nest" for each squash half to sit in.