How to Pan Fry Chicken Breasts with Onion and Garlic
This recipe came from a reader who tried one of my recipes (Sautéed Chicken Breasts with Shallots and Garlic) and decided to change it to his liking. How dare he!
Actually, I love when my recipes are tried and improved on. Just remember to send me the improvements so I can post them. This is what Mark said to me in his initial email,
As to your recipe chicken breasts with shallots and garlic, I have one that’s very similar. Same ingredients but I add soy and balsamic vinegar while sautéing.
Omit the heavy cream, make sauce from chicken stock added to pan and make flour gravy. I like to serve it with boiled red potatoes and frozen Peas.
Oo La La! I call it “chicken voila”!
Chicken Breasts Sauteed with Shallots and Garlic Recipe
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 whole chicken breasts skinless & boneless
- 1 medium sweet onion sliced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon coriander
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon coarse ground pepper
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- ½ cup white wine Sherry works well too
- 1 cup chicken stock homemade if available
- 1 touch Worcestershire sauce
- In a wok or pan, add 1 teaspoon of olive oil and sauté 1 clove of crushed garlic.
- Add rest of oil, and brown chicken both sides.
- Add soy, balsamic vinegar, Worcestershire, bay leaf, chicken stock and wine to pan.
- Sprinkle chicken with thyme, coriander & pepper.
- Cover & cook for about 20 minutes (turn chicken at least one time).
- Remove chicken from pan and remove about 2 tablespoons of sauce for later use.
- Make sauce or gravy. (I like making sauce w/ a small mixture of corn starch & water.)
- Return chicken to pan and set on low heat.
- Meanwhile in a medium sauté pan, sauté mushrooms, onions & garlic in the 2 tablespoons of sauce.
- To serve on plates, smother one piece of chicken with sauce, add mushroom/onion mixture on top.
- Garnish with fresh parsley sprigs