An Artichoke Sauce for Pasta
I found this recipe on a box of penne pasta last night that I cooked for my kid's dinner. It's a simple, straightforward recipe that I adapted a little but I can't wait to try.
If you read my blog or visit my web site, you'll notice I am always on the lookout for a new idea for a recipe and often product packaging is one of the best sources for discovering them.
I may change an ingredient here and there and I may prefer my own cooking technique to what they offer, but they are great resources for recipes. You figure they want to sell their product so they are not going to put a dog of a recipe on their package.
Penne Pasta with Artichoke Sauce Recipe
- 1 pound penne rigate
- 1¼ cups tomatoes diced
- ¼ cup olive oil extra virgin
- 5 artichoke hearts in water not oil or all you will taste is oil
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 small onion
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon capers
- salt & pepper to taste
- Start heating up a large pot of water to cook the pasta.
- Slice the onion thinly. Finely chop the parsley. Chop the capers. Drain and slice the artichoke hearts.
- The pasta takes about 12 to 15 minutes to cook. The sauce takes even less time. So salt the water and heat it up to a boil. While that is happening, prep the ingredients.
- Once the water is boiling, add the penne and start making the sauce. (see my tips on cooking pasta)
- Sauté the onion in the extra virgin olive oil.
- Add the artichoke hearts and cook until the onions are pale gold.
- Add the capers and tomatoes. Season with a little salt and pepper. Cook for a few minutes to heat up the tomatoes and blend together the flavors.
- When the pasta is al dente, drain and add to the artichoke sauce.
- Serve (plate) and top with some of the chopped parsley and grated Parmesan.
This sounds great!! Will try it and report results. Am alway looking for a quick pasta recipe.
Thanks for all your help.
I am always looking for vegetarian dishes to cook for my veggie eating friends. This sounds delicious. Thanx for all your efforts.