An Artichoke Sauce for Pasta
I found this recipe on a box of penne pasta last night that I cooked for my kid's dinner. It's a simple, straightforward recipe that I adapted a little, but I can't wait to try it.
I may change an ingredient here and there and prefer my cooking technique to what they offer, but they are a great recipe resource. You figure they want to sell their product so they will not put a dog of a recipe on their package.
Penne Pasta with Artichoke Sauce Recipe
- Start heating up a large pot of water to cook the pasta.
- Slice the onion thinly. Finely chop the parsley. Chop the capers. Drain and slice the artichoke hearts.
- The pasta takes about 12 to 15 minutes to cook. The sauce takes even less time. So salt the water and heat it up to a boil. While that is happening, prep the ingredients.
- Once the water is boiling, add the penne and start making the sauce. (see my tips on cooking pasta)
- Sauté the onion in the extra virgin olive oil.
- Add the artichoke hearts and cook until the onions are pale gold.
- Add the capers and tomatoes. Season with a little salt and pepper. Cook for a few minutes to heat up the tomatoes and blend together the flavors.
- When the pasta is al dente, drain and add to the artichoke sauce.
- Serve (plate) and top with some of the chopped parsley and grated Parmesan.
Some of My Favorite Pasta Recipes
- Discover the Rustic Charm of Tuscan Pici Pasta
- How to Make a Basic Orzo Salad
- This Is How to Make Spicy Ragu Sauce Over Pasta
- Cavatelli Pasta
- Cavatelli Pasta with Spring Peas and Pancetta Recipe
- Bucatini all'Amatriciana Recipe
- How to Make Strozzapreti Pasta with Guanciale Sauce
- Rigatoni with Mushroom Sauce Recipe