Spaghetti with Shrimp, Spinach, & Garlic Recipe
We love pasta in our house and I love whipping up a quick pasta dish with on hand ingredients in the freezer and/or pantry. We usually always have a bag of frozen shrimp in the freezer for those nights we make another favorite dish - Shrimp Risotto or a stir-fry with what's-on-hand vegetables.
The spinach came from our CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) pack and the rest of the ingredients are normally around all the time. We use spaghetti but fettuccine or bucatini pasta would work fine.
Some More To Know About Cooking With Shrimp
Pasta with Shrimp Spinach and Garlic Recipe
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. While the water is coming to a boil, prep the ingredients. Mince the garlic, clean and peel the shrimp, and clean the fresh spinach.
- Add the pasta and cook until al dente when the water comes to a boil.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium heat until hot. Add the butter, oil, and then the garlic. Cook for one minute, but don't let the garlic burn. Add the shrimp, and cook on each side for a couple of minutes until done. Please don't overcook the shrimp.
- Season with salt and pepper. Add the spinach and a quarter cup of the pasta water. Let the spinach wilt some, and then add the spaghetti. Toss to coat the pasta with the sauce.
- I like to finish the dish with a drizzle of my best extra virgin olive oil. You can add some now or wait until you serve it in warm bowls.
- Serve with freshly grated Parmesan cheese, and for those who like it a little spicy, be sure to have some red pepper flakes ready.
Some of My Favorite Pasta Recipes
- Discover the Rustic Charm of Tuscan Pici Pasta
- How to Make a Basic Orzo Salad
- This Is How to Make Spicy Ragu Sauce Over Pasta
- Cavatelli Pasta
- Cavatelli Pasta with Spring Peas and Pancetta Recipe
- Bucatini all'Amatriciana Recipe
- How to Make Strozzapreti Pasta with Guanciale Sauce
- Rigatoni with Mushroom Sauce Recipe