How to Prepare a Roast Pork with Rosemary & Garlic at Home
Here’s another great recipe from Home Cook Claudia McCreary. I asked her for her bio and here is what she told me.
“I grew up in a family where good tasting food was very important and my mother was a wonderful cook. I taught myself to cook by watching cooking shows on television. I live out side Philadelphia, PA with my partner and occasional step son.
I worked in advertising for many years until I had an auto accident that left me disabled. At that time I reevaluated my life and decided to seek a new career. I love to experiment and create new recipes. I am the publisher and editor of Claudia’s Cooking Newsletter which celebrates low-fat, low-sugar cooking and living. The newsletter grew out of my own search for recipes that incorporated both low-fat and low-sugar needs.” ….Claudia
Roast Pork with Rosemary and Garlic
- 1 pork loin roast 2 1/2 to 3 lbs.
- For the Marinade
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup apple juice
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 4 gloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoon fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoon. sugar
- For the Sauce
- 2 cups defatted pork stock chicken stock works too
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms reserve marinade
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Lots of ingredients but not too much prep to get started. You want to marinate the pork overnight, but if you forget or don't have time, a few hours will do.
- Mince the garlic for the marinade and sauce. Slice the mushrooms and gather the rest of the ingredients so you are not looking for them at the last moment.
- Mix all marinade ingredients together. Pour into re-closeable plastic bad. Add pork loin and marinate overnight.
- Remove roast from marinade and reserve marinade for use in sauce.
- Bake pork loin in the oven for 1 1/2 Hour at 275 degrees F.
- Meanwhile, in a large sauté pan, mix 1 cup stock and 1/2 reserve marinade.
- Add spices and simmer until reduced to 1/4.
- Add rest of stock and marinade and simmer until reduced to 1/2.
- Strain sauce, add mushrooms and simmer until done.
- Over low heat, stir in butter until completely melted and emulsified.,
- Remove loin from oven and allow to stand 15 minutes before slicing.
- Slice in to 3/4 inch slices and drizzle sauce over meat.