A Good Old Fashioned Appetizer Recipe for Spinach Balls
This recipe comes from my wife's collection kept in a notebook filled with loose pieces of paper, some original, some copies but all containing some of my wife's favorites. This recipe has one of her mom's friends name attached to it but who knows where she found it. It looks like one where mom might have served back in the 1960's.
There are lots of good recipes for spinach balls available but this is the one we use when making them for a party. On the hand written copy we have a photocopy of, it says you can freeze them for future use.
Spinach Balls Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Rinse and drain the frozen spinach and remove as much water as you can.
- In a bowl large enough to hold all the ingredients, combine the spinach, stuffing, Parmesan cheese eggs, butter and salt & pepper.
- If you have time, refrigerate the mixture until firm. This will make the next step easier, but it is not necessary especially when you are throwing these together at the last minute.
- The recipe says "Make Balls". It doesn't say how large or small these balls should be, just "Make Balls." I guess it depends on how many you going to serve. We made ours on the large size and everyone loved them.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes until cooked through.