Steamed Potatoes With Lemon Juice and Herbs Recipe
One of the downsides of boiling potatoes is that quite a bit of their nutritional value goes down the drain along with the cooking water. You can bake the potatoes, but even using a microwave can take a long time.
Steaming is one fast way of having highly nutritious, “boiled” potatoes. Just remember to cut up your potatoes in even rounds so that all the rounds are done simultaneously.
Steamed Potatoes Recipe
- 2 pounds Yukon Gold Potatoes cut into ¼” discs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt or to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 1 lemon juice and zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh herbs such as dill and/or parsley, chopped
- Steam potatoes in a steamer basket over an inch of boiling water until easily pierced with a fork, about 6-8 minutes.
- Whisk together the olive oil, salt, pepper, lemon zest and juice.
- Toss with the hot potatoes and gently stir in fresh herbs
Hi, thanks a lot for the recipe. What are your reasons for salting the potatoes after steaming? Wouldn't salting them beforehand season them more thoroughly.