Great For Unexpected Guests
“When you are looking for a really quick and easy appetizer, make these ahead of time and freeze them for those times when unexpected guests show up.”
This recipe comes from my good friend Margie who taught me a lot of what I know about cooking when I lived in New York City. She is a very talented home cook.
These freeze well, so make a double batch & keep on hand for those unexpected dinner guests. Be brave when choosing the ravioli – the stronger flavors create tastier bites!
Easy (Freezy) Pasta Bites
1 package fresh mini ravioli (e.g. "Contadina" Beef with garlic or wild mushroom or 4 cheese)
2 tablespoons butter
4 tablespoons Parmesan Cheese
sesame or poppy seeds
salt & pepper
How To Prepare At Home
- Cook ravioli until al dente and drain.
- Pour or spoon hot pasta into a baggie & add butter.
- Shake until well-coated with melted butter
- Carefully remove ravioli one at a time from the bag (with fingers) & place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. (If you're freezing them, wax paper is fine).
- Sprinkle with Parmesan Cheese & seeds, salt & pepper
- Cook at 400o for 10-12 minutes until golden.
- Serve immediately.
Copyright 1997 - 2013 The Reluctant Gourmet