How to Make Classic Restaurant Quality Anchovy Sauce
Classic anchovy sauce is made with anchovy butter but to simplify matters, we are using anchovy paste. You may want to dice up a couple of canned anchovies to add at the end. This recipe is a derivative of Normande sauce.
Anchovy Sauce Recipe
- 1 tablespoon anchovy paste
- 2 tablespoons butter softened
- 1 cup Normande sauce
- Combine the anchovy paste and butter to make your own anchovy butter.
- Re-chill the anchovy butter.
- When the Normande sauce is complete, whisk in the anchovy butter. The colder the butter, the less chance of it separating.