My Daughter Make Me A Milkshake - Yeah!
When I arrived home this morning after a visit with Meg to the Farmer's Market, I was greeted with a banana caramel milkshake my 14 year old daughter prepared for me. She was thumbing through a teen magazine, saw this inviting concoction and decided she had to make one for us.
A little rich for breakfast, but what the heck it was the start of a three day holiday weekend! So thank you Nell, and here's to a fun and safe Memorial Day Weekend everyone.
Banana Caramel Milkshake
- 4 tablespoons caramel sauce plus extra to drizzle
- 2 ripe bananas peeled and sliced
- 2 cups milk
- 4 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 2 dried banana chips We didn't have any but the they are more for show
- This recipe calls for chilled glasses so before you start, make sure you stick two tall glasses into the freezer for a few minutes while getting the other ingredients together and pulling your blender out of the cabinet.
- Add 1 tablespoon of caramel sauce into each chilled glass and swirl around until the bottom half of the glass is coated.
- Add the bananas to the blender with the milk, the other two tablespoons of caramel sauce, two scoops of ice cream and blend until smooth but nice and thick.
- Fill each glass with the milkshake and top with a second scoop of ice cream. I said this was rich. If you have dried banana chips, use them to decorate the top of the shake along with a drizzle of caramel sauce.
- Best served with a spoon and straw.