For Chocolate Chip Cookie Fans
I just posted my latest Novice2Pro Interview with cookbook authors Heather and Lucinda Wallace and they were nice enough to send me a couple of recipes including Lucinda's favorite one for Colossal Double Chocolate White Chip Cookies.
Heather and Lucinda's new cookbook, 101 Easy Peasy Cookie Recipes is filled with recipes like this that are easy enough for us home cooks to prepare. You can read their entire interview and learn more about their new book at my Novice2Pro Interview with Heather and Lucinda Wallace.
Colossal Double Chocolate White Chip Cookies
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1½ cups butter or margarine, softened
- 1¼ cups granulated sugar
- 1¼ cups brown sugar packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup white chips
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, and baking soda. In a large bowl, cream together butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar.
- Beat eggs and vanilla extract into butter mixture. Gradually stir in flour mixture.
- Stir in milk chocolate chips, semi-sweet chocolate chips, white chips, and nuts.
- Drop by level ¼-cupfuls, about 2 inches apart, onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake for 12 to 14 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Allow cookies to cool for 2 minutes on baking sheets, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.