Basic Tomato Sauce
- 2 bay leaves
- 8 black peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 1/2 bulbs not cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 3 tablespoons of oils
- 2 #10 cans of tomatoes 102 oz. each including juice
- 5 cups of chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons of sugar
- Heat oil in a large heavy bottomed pot and sauté the garlic. Be careful not to burn the garlic, it will ruin the sauce.
- Drain the tomatoes reserving the juice.
- While the garlic is cooking, start the de-seeding process and add to the pot when the garlic is golden. Keep de-seeding the tomatoes and adding the pulp to the pot.
- Add the reserved tomato juice, Sachet, chicken stock, and sugar.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer until the sauce is reduced by half. This will take anywhere from 2-3 hours stirring every once and awhile.
- When the sauce is finished, remove the Sachet.