Lina's Cabbage Casserole
I get a lot of requests for quick and easy recipes. Here's one that I received from Lina for Cabbage Roll Casserole. Here's what she wrote me in her email.
Since I've been married a number of years and raised three kids, I don't guess novice would exactly be accurate, but I don't like to spend any more time in the kitchen than absolutely necessary, so I like shortcut recipes; the "shorter and quicker the better".
Thanks Lina for the recipe. RG
Cabbage Roll Casserole
- 1 head cabbage
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion chopped
- salt & pepper to taste
- ⅓ cup quick cook rice
- 1 can spicy tomato sauce your choice
- ⅓ cup water
- 1 pinch blackened seasoning
- 1 pinch creole seasoning
- Chop a head of cabbage and place in large casserole.
- Add ground beef which has been cooked with chopped onion, seasoned with salt and pepper and mixed with ⅓ cup of quick cook rice.
- Mix can of spicy tomato sauce with water.
- Add blackened seasoning and creole seasoning to the tomato sauce and pour over the ground beef and cabbage.
- Bake at 350° F, covered for ½ hr. and uncovered ½ hr. until cabbage is tender.
Leave a Reply