Help Please With A Chocolate Fudge Cake Recipe
Hilary contacted me and asked about helping her find a dense, extremely chocolaty and fudgey, chocolate layer cake. So I contacted Chef Terrell Garrett and he sent me this recipe that he calls, ‘The Absolute, Ultimate, Deep, Dark and Rich Chocolate Fudge Cake.”
With a name like that, who can resist? It’s not a layer cake as requested by Hilary, but I think you will enjoy it like it is. Chef Garrett says
“This cake is every chocolate lover’s dream and not your typical cake. It is almost a flour-less chocolate cake and very dense”.
Chocolate Fudge Cake Recipe
- l pound dark chocolate or 2 - 2/3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup 1 stick, 4 ounces unsalted butter
- 4 large eggs separated
- 1 1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon hot water
- Preheat the oven to 325F.
- Grease an 8" cake pan and line the bottom with parchment. Set aside.
- In a saucepan set over low heat, or in a microwave, melt together the chocolate and butter, stirring till smooth.
- Beat in the egg yolks, one at a time, then add the flour, sugar and hot water, stirring till smooth.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites till stiff but not dry. Fold them into the chocolate mixture.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 25 minutes (cake won't look done in the center).
- Remove the cake from the oven, leaving it in the cake pan, and cool completely on a wire rack. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Remove the cake from the pan, place it on a plate and serve topped with sweetened whipped cream.