Help Please With A Chocolate Fudge Cake Recipe
Hilary contacted me and asked about helping her find a dense, extremely chocolaty, and fudge-tasting chocolate layer cake. So I contacted Chef Terrell Garrett, and he sent me this recipe that he calls, 'The Absolute, Ultimate, Deep, Dark, and Rich Chocolate Fudge Cake."
With a name like that, who can resist? It's not a layer cake, as requested by Hilary, but you will enjoy it like it is. Chef Garrett says,
This cake is every chocolate lover's dream, not your typical one. It is almost a flourless chocolate cake and very dense.
Chocolate Fudge Cake Recipe
- 1 pound dark chocolate or 2⅔ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup butter unsalted
- 4 large eggs separated
- 1½ teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon hot water
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Grease an 8-inch cake pan and line the bottom with parchment. Set aside.
- In a saucepan set over low heat or in a microwave, melt the chocolate and butter together, stirring till smooth.
- Beat in the egg yolks, one at a time, then add the flour, sugar, and hot water, stirring till smooth.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites till stiff but not dry. Fold them into the chocolate mixture.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 25 minutes (the cake won't look done in the center).
- Remove the cake from the oven, leaving it in the pan, and cool completely on a wire rack. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Remove the cake from the pan, place it on a plate, and serve topped with sweetened whipped cream.