Easy Heavy Sauce Pasta Recipe
This is a very simple recipe that was given to my by Chef Paolo Monti's. You can read my interview with Chef Monti here.
This sauce for this recipe isn't extremely heavy but works well with the fusilli pasta.
Fusilli alla Mediterranean Recipe
Servings: 4 - 6 servings
- 8 oz tomato chopped
- 1 bunch fresh basil
- 12 black olives pitted
- 12 capers
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 2 anchovies chopped
- 4 tablespoon olive oil extra virgin
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 oz Pecorino romano or parmesan
- 12 oz Fusilli pasta
- Start by heating a big pot of water for the pasta.
- Chop the ripe tomato and the basil, pit the olives,then chop the garlic and anchovies.
- Grate the cheese and get ready to cook.
- Combine all the ingredients except for the pasta . Mix gently.
- Boil the fusilli al dente and add to the sauce, toss and serve immediately.
Leave a Reply