It May Be Called Grump’s But It’s Not
Happy Memorial Day Weekend
A lot of you may be grilling and barbecuing this weekend so I wanted to tell you about an award winning barbecue sauce called Grumpy’s. I’m not sure if he was trying to send a message, but as you can see by the label, the company who makes it, is having a lot of fun.
This stuff is good. It won 1st Place at the 2007 Scovie Awards and was a 2nd place winner at the America’s Zesty Best Food Contest.
What I like about it is the name and the packaging. I know a whole bunch of people I want to send a bottle to including my Grumpy older brother and my buddy Barbecue Bob.
It comes in four different “heats” including Not So Bold, Bold XX, Goodnight Irene and Black Label. I only have tried Not So Bold and Bold XX and they are both excellent.
You can read more about them at their web site. I’m starting to see it sold at more and more supermarkets so it must be getting more popular and appealing to a larger audience.
Grumpy's Barbecue Shrimp
- ⅓ cup Grumpy's Barbeque Sauce® or your favorite flavor
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger grated
- 1 clove garlic minced fine
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds toasted
- 1 teaspoon sesame seed oil toasted
- 1 lb shrimp peeled & de-veined medium to large
- 2 scallions chopped
- Mix all ingredients except shrimp in a bowl.
- Heat pan on medium heat with a tablespoon of oil, cook shrimp.
- When shrimp become pink (about 3 to 5 minutes) lower the heat & add the sauce.
- Heat long enough for all the shrimp to becomes coated in the sauce.
- Serve over Jasmine rice.