It May Be Called Grumpy's, But It's Not
Happy Memorial Day Weekend
Many of you may be grilling and barbecuing this weekend, so I wanted to tell you about an award-winning barbecue sauce called Grumpy's. I'm not sure if he was trying to send a message, but as you can see by the label, the company that makes it is having a lot of fun.
This stuff is good. It won 1st Place at the 2007 Scovie Awards and was a 2nd place winner at America's Zesty Best Food Contest.
What I like about it are the name and the packaging. I know many people I want to send a bottle to, including my Grumpy older brother and my buddy Barbecue Bob.
It comes in four different "heats," including Not So Bold, Bold XX, Goodnight Irene, and Black Label. I have only tried Not So Bold and Bold XX, which are both excellent.
You can read more about them on their website. I'm starting to see it sold at more and more supermarkets, so it must be getting more popular and appealing to a larger audience.
Grumpy's Barbecue Shrimp
- Mix all ingredients except shrimp in a bowl.
- Heat pan on medium heat with a tablespoon of oil, and cook shrimp.
- When shrimp become pink (about 3 to 5 minutes), lower the heat & add the sauce.
- Heat long enough for all the shrimp to become coated in the sauce.
- Serve over Jasmine rice.
Some of My Favorite Sauce Recipes
- What Is the Difference Between Tomato Sauce and Tomato Paste
- This Is How to Make Spicy Ragu Sauce Over Pasta
- Bucatini all'Amatriciana Recipe
- New Mexico Red Chili Sauce Recipe
- Rigatoni with Mushroom Sauce Recipe
- Mango Chutney Recipe
- This Is How I Make Indian-Style Sauce Base
- How to Make Fettuccini With Store-Bought Tomato Sauce