Paprika is ground red peppers. There are sweet and hot varieties. Hungarian paprika is considered the best but Spanish paprika is excellent as well.
Best Served With: chicken recipes or over a bed of noodles
How to Prepare Paprika Sauce
Paprika Sauce Recipe
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 3 shallots minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1- cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a saucepan reduce the chicken stock by half.
- In another pan sauté the shallots in the butter for 2 minutes or until translucent.
- Add the wine and reduce to a syrupy consistency. Add the chicken stock, bay leaves, thyme and paprika.
- Simmer until the sauce thickens.
- Strain the sauce. Return it to the pan and stir in the sour cream.
- Finish with the parsley, salt and pepper.