How to Make a Simple Spinach Kale Smoothie
There are about as many ways to make a smoothie as there are cooking sites on the Internet. The number’s not infinite of course but close to it.
Just think of all the different ingredient combinations you can throw into a blender to make a tasty (sometimes not so tasty but healthy) drink.
We had the ingredients for the recipe below so I gave them a try to see what I could come up with. There are so many other ingredients in the house that would work as well including yogurt, nuts, berries, ginger, you name it but I wanted to keep this smoothie under 200 calories.
My wife and daughter love kale smoothies and often get them on Saturday mornings at the Farmer’s Market. The difference between theirs and mine is they juice the leafy greens before combining in the blender so there are no solid pieces of kale or spinach in their drinks.
When I asked my wife if she wanted to have a taste of mine, she politely declined. I look at the small pieces of kale and spinach as good dietary fiber.
Spinach Kale Smoothie
- 1 cup cashew milk plain & unsweetened
- 2 ounces baby kale
- ¾ cup fresh spinach
- ½ scoop organic protein powder 17.5 grams - vanilla
- ½ banana
- Wash the kale and spinach if it is not already triple washed.
- Put all the ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
- I didn't add any ice to my smoothie but if you want to increase the volume and chill the drink down, go ahead and add a few cubes.