How to Make a Chicken & Broccoli Stir Fry
Stir Fry is quick and easy once you have prepared all the ingredients. This is a good recipe to get started but once you learn the technique, you can make a hundred different types of stir fry with your favorite ingredients.
Be sure to check out my post called How to Stir Fry for tips, techniques and suggestions for better home stir-frying.
Chicken and Broccoli Stir-Fry
For the Marinade
- Whisk all the ingredients together.
- Pour over the chicken strips and let marinate for about an hour.
For the Stir Fry
- Cut up your broccoli and onion and julienne the red pepper.
- Have all your ingredients cut and ready to fry.
- Preheat wok or frying pan over high heat.
- Add 2 tablespoons oil and add chicken, reserving marinade. Stir-fry for 3-4 minutes until chicken is no longer pink. Cook in batches if necessary. Remove and set aside.
- Add remaining tablespoon of oil and stir-fry the aromatics for 10 seconds or until fragrant.
- Add the vegetables and stir-fry 3-4 minutes.
- Add the reserved marinade and reserved chicken and cook until sauce thickens, stirring frequently.
- Toss with cashews and serve over white rice.