Making chicken curry at home does not have to be complicated
One of my wife's colleagues gave me this recipe for chicken curry. Elizabeth says,
It's not too authentic but deeeelicious and great for entertaining (it can be frozen and thawed the day of).
Chicken Curry Recipe
- ½ cup all purpose flour unbleached
- salt & pepper to taste
- 3 whole chicken breasts boneless, halved or thighs
- 5 tablespoons butter unsalted
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 red bell peppers seeded and diced
- 3 tablespoons curry powder best quality
- 1 can stewed tomatoes
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- ½ cup currants
- Season the flour with salt & pepper and lightly coat the chicken with the mixture.
- Heat 3 tablespoons butter in a skillet over medium heat; add chicken and lightly brown on all sides. Remove chicken from the skillet and preheat oven to 350° F.
- Add the remaining two tablespoons of butter to the skillet and melt over medium heat. Add onions, garlic, peppers, and sauté, frequently stirring, until the veggies are soft (5-7 minutes).
- Stir in curry powder and cook for 2 minutes longer.
- Stir in tomatoes and coconut milk, heat to simmer, and season with Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco, and S&P to taste.
- Stir in currants & remove from heat.
- Arrange the sautéed chicken in a casserole dish and pour the curry sauce over the chicken bake covered until the chicken is tender, about 45 minutes.
- Serve over rice.
Some of My Favorite Chicken Recipes
- Chicken Baked in Cornbread Recipe
- Sheet Pan Chicken with Roasted Plums Potatoes and Onions
- Quick and Easy Sweet and Sour Chicken Recipe
- Chicken Mushroom and Spinach Comfort Food Recipe
- Southern California Style Chicken with Rice and Beans Recipe
- Chicken Thighs with Mushrooms and Artichoke Hearts Recipe
- Simple Chicken - Tomato - Pasta Recipe
- Chicken Korma Recipe