Making chicken curry at home does not have to be complicated
One of my wife’s colleagues gave me this recipe. Elizabeth says,
It’s not too authentic but deeeelicious and great for entertaining (it can be frozen and thawed the day of).
Chicken Curry Recipe
- ½ cup all purpose flour unbleached
- salt & pepper to taste
- 3 whole chicken breasts boneless, halved
- 5 tablespoons butter unsalted
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 red peppers seeded and diced
- 3 tablespoons curry powder best quality
- 1 can stewed tomatoes
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- ½ cup currants
- Season the flour with salt & pepper and lightly coat chicken with mixture.
- Heat 3 tablespoons butter in a skillet over medium heat, add chicken and lightly brown on all sides. Remove chicken from the skillet and preheat oven to 350° F.
- Add remaining 2 tablespoons butter to the skillet and melt over medium heat. Add onions, garlic, peppers and sauté, stirring frequently until the veggies are soft (5-7 minutes).
- Stir in curry powder and cook 2 minutes longer.
- Stir in tomatoes and coconut milk, heat to simmering and season with Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco and S&P to taste.
- Stir in currants & remove from heat.
- Arrange the sautéed chicken in a casserole dish and pour the curry sauce over the chicken bake covered until the chicken is tender, about 45 minutes.
- Serve over rice.