Chef Charlie D's Chicken Breast with Crab Meat Recipe
This is my own recipe. Created in 1969 while living in Fairhope, Alabama. This recipe was devised especially for and won first place in the 1988 "Young 'N Tender" recipe contest.
We won a great cruise on the Delta Queen out of NOLA...several wonderful days." Charlie Home Chef Charlie D's Sauteed Chicken Breasts Topped with Crab Meat
Charlie calls for 1 cup of Hollandaise Sauce in his recipe, which is easy to prepare once you know the ingredients and technique.
Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Crab Meat
- 4 chicken breast halves without skin
- 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 tablespoons butter unsalted -- divided use
- 2 tablespoons onion minced
- 8 ounces fresh crab meat
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup hollandaise sauce
- Remove tenders from chicken breasts; set aside.
- Place breasts between sheets of waxed paper or plastic wrap and pound with a meat mallet or rolling pin to a thickness of ¼ inch. Trim to shape nicely; reserve trimmings.
- Mince onion and grate zest from lime; set aside.
- Cut lime in half and squeeze juice over chicken breasts, rubbing to cover each well. Sprinkle with dried thyme; set aside.
- Finely chop the tenders and trimmings; sauté in 1 tablespoon butter until no longer pink.
- Add onion and cook until tender. Add crab meat and toss gently until warmed through. Remove pan from heat and set aside; keep warm.
- Sprinkle the chicken breasts with salt and pepper; sauté in the remaining butter until lightly browned on each side. Remove to serving plates.
- Stir reserved grated lime zest into the hollandaise sauce.
- Spoon ¼ the crab meat mixture over each breast. Nap with hollandaise sauce.
- Serve immediately with remaining sauce on the side.
Some of My Favorite Chicken Recipes
- Chicken Baked in Cornbread Recipe
- Sheet Pan Chicken with Roasted Plums Potatoes and Onions
- Quick and Easy Sweet and Sour Chicken Recipe
- Chicken Mushroom and Spinach Comfort Food Recipe
- Southern California Style Chicken with Rice and Beans Recipe
- Chicken Thighs with Mushrooms and Artichoke Hearts Recipe
- Simple Chicken - Tomato - Pasta Recipe
- Chicken Korma Recipe