I just interviewed Chef Antony Osborne from the Culinard culinary schools. He is an amazing person who has traveled around the world cooking at some of the top restaurants in the world before becoming the Dean of the cooking schools at Culinard.
The interview is amazing especially if you're thinking about going to culinary school to enter the food industry. As the Dean of a top cooking school, Chef Osborne offers great advice for those interested in becoming a professional chef. He talks about what makes one culinary school stand out from the rest as well as what he hopes his students take away from their education.
As a way to introduce Chef Osborne to you, I asked him to send me a simple recipe you might appreciate. Here is what he said,
"I have attached my Green Fruit Salad recipe, which is perfect for breakfast or dinner on a hot summers day and so easy to make. I hope you enjoy it."
Green Fruit Salad Recipe
For the Salad
- 8 ounces seedless green grapes
- 8 ounces kiwi fruit peel & slice
- 4 ounces greengage plums stoned & diced
- 8 ounces green Granny Smith apples diced
- 8 ounces ripe green William Pears diced
- 4 ounces star fruit peeled & sliced
- 8 ounces lime segments plus zest
- 4 ounces pistachio nuts lightly chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint julienne
For the Syrup Base
- 1 pint water
- 4 ounces sugar
- 2 ounces fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon mint liquor
- In a saucepan, add water, sugar and bring to a slow boil. Remove from the heat and add lime juice. Allow to cool. Chill well.
- To prevent discoloration, put all prepared fruit into the syrup. Chill well before serving.
- Add at the last minute the pistachio nuts, julienne of mint and mint liquor.
- Serve in a glass.
Some of My Favorite Salad Recipes
- How to Make a Basic Orzo Salad
- What Is Cowboy Caviar and How To Make at Home
- Arugula Salad with Roasted Beets Pistachio and Goat Cheese Recipe
- Grilled Radicchio and Corn Salad Recipe
- Kale Salad with Lemon and Garlic Dressing Recipe
- Cilantro Cole Slaw Recipe
- All About Salad Greens
- Sun-Dried Tomato Vinaigrette Recipe For Fish