Horseradish Cream Sauce = Perfect Companion for a Beef Tenderloin
A simple meal for a large get-together is roasted beef tenderloin. Season a trimmed filet Mignon, toss it into the oven and in no time you have a meal for many.
A good tenderloin is fantastic all by itself or maybe with a little extra salt and pepper but offer this horseradish cream sauce and you’ll have some happy faces. I like to make this simple sauce for smoked fish too.
Horseradish Cream Sauce Recipe
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise homemade preferred if you have time
- 1/2 cup prepared horseradish I like Gold's
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Pinch of sugar
- Salt and Pepper - to taste
- Using your favorite whisk, whip the heavy cream in a bowl until it forms soft peaks.
- In another bowl, combine the mayo, mustard and horseradish. Fold in the whipped cream with a rubber spatula if you own one otherwise a metal or silver spoon will do.
- Add the sugar, a little salt & pepper, taste and adjust seasonings.
- Stir to combine and transfer to a serving bowl.