How to Make a Delicious Lemon Caper Sauce Tonight
This is such a quick and easy sauce to prepare and goes so well with fish or chicken. It is very similar to a piccata sauce that is served with veal or chicken.
The capers are small but packed with flavor. They add a salty/briny taste to any dish to offer a burst of flavor. The reason they are so salty is because they are typically brined first or packed in salt.
Always use fresh lemon juice in your cooking. The little bit of extra effort will reward you handsomely. The bottled lemon juice isn’t even a shadow of the real deal and will definitely compromise the flavor of your dish.
Best served with chicken or fish.
Lemon Caper Sauce Recipe
- 3 tablespoons butter unsalted, divided
- 1½ tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 shallot minced
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons flat-leaf parsley finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon capers
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat up a saute (fry) pan over medium high heat.
- Add half the butter (1½ tablespoons) and the oil. Heat until butter melts and oil is hot.
- Add the shallot and sauté 2 minutes, or until translucent.
- Add the chicken stock and reduce by half.
- Stir in the lemon juice, parsley and capers.
- Whisk in the remaining butter and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Leave a Reply