Peppercorns and Avocado Together For a Great Soup
This recipe comes from Bruce Morgan, founder and wood maker of Pepper-Passion. Not only does he sell peppercorns and sea salt, he hand makes the mills to grind them. Made from the finest variety of exotic wood, his attractive pepper mills will last generations and be handed down from family to family. Read more about Choosing a Pepper Mill for home cooks.
Peppercorn and Avacado Soup Recipe
- 1 medium onion
- 1 tablespoons ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 4 large ripe avocados
- 2-1/2 quarts chicken stock or vegetable stock
- 1/3 cup green peppercorns ground pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- Cilantro - several leaves for garnish
- Not too much prep to this quick and easy soup. Just peel and dice the onion, mince the garlic cloves and cut up the ripe avocados. You are ready to start the soup.
- In large saucepan cook the onion, garlic and spices in the olive oil over moderate heat for 10 minutes, stirring often. Add avocados and stock, bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium & cook for 20 minutes. Cool to room temperature & puree in blender until smooth.
- Return to pan, bring to boil, add peppercorns & reduce to moderate heat and cook for 10 minutes.
- Serve garnished with cilantro and peppercorns.