Fred Engel’s Zucchini Bread Recipe Without the Rhyme
Many of you who have checked out Fred Engel’s Cowboy Point of view for making Zucchini Bread have asked for a simple recipe without the prose.
Here it is. Enjoy.
- 1 cup oil
- 3 eggs slightly beaten
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups zucchini grated
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon soda
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup walnuts chopped
- Combine oil, eggs, sugar, zucchini and vanilla in a large mixing bowl and blend well.
- Stir in flour, soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Stir in nuts.
- Spoon batter in 2 well greased 8 1/2 x 4 x 2 5/8 inch loaf pans.
- Bake at 325° F for 1½ hours or until done.