Pan Seared Duck Breast
- Chop the shallot and slice the wild mushrooms.
- Season the duck breasts with salt and pepper.
- Heat sauté pan (cast iron skillet if you have one) until really hot.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter with the oil and sear breasts quickly on both sides. Then cook an additional 2-3 minutes per side. Remove from your pan and keep warm.
- Add the remaining butter and briefly saute the shallots.
- Add mushrooms and sauté until translucent (approx. 4-5 minutes).
- Add a bit of your red wine to deglaze the pan.
- Add demi glace. Simmer for approximately 6 - 7 minutes until sauce has thickened enough to coat a spoon.
- Serve over duck and if you're like me, save some for the potatoes.