Grilled Peaches, Fresh Tomatoes & Fresh Basil Salad
If you've been reading my blog for any length of time, especially during the summer months, you're sure to find some mention of Insalata Caprese or tomatoes, mozzarella and basil. In our house, we live on this combination when the tomatoes are local and ripe during July and August.
This weekend my wife tried a new version of this salad by substituting grilled peach slices for the tomatoes and the results were fantastic. The perfectly ripe peaches played well off the homegrown tomatoes and the touch of balsamic vinegar at the end balanced both flavors nicely.
Grilled Peach Insalata Caprese Style Recipe
- 2 ripe peaches pitted and sliced
- canola oil for grilling
- 1 ball mozzarella fresh, cut into thin slices
- 2 sprigs fresh basil
- splash aged balsamic vinegar
- Start by brushing the peaches with oil while the grill is warming up. Grill the peach slices over medium heat for a couple of minutes until they start showing grill marks. Flip them and continue to grill until tender but not falling apart.
- Plate the grill peach slices, top with a slice of mozzarella and then tear and sprinkle the fresh basil leaves on top.
- Finish by drizzling some aged balsamic vinegar (the older the better) over the peaches and if you like, season with a little salt and pepper. I didn't season with S&P but looking back, I think the salt may bring out a little bit more flavor while the pepper adds a contrasting taste.
Some of My Favorite Salad Recipes
- How to Make a Basic Orzo Salad
- What Is Cowboy Caviar and How To Make at Home
- Arugula Salad with Roasted Beets Pistachio and Goat Cheese Recipe
- Grilled Radicchio and Corn Salad Recipe
- Kale Salad with Lemon and Garlic Dressing Recipe
- Cilantro Cole Slaw Recipe
- All About Salad Greens
- Sun-Dried Tomato Vinaigrette Recipe For Fish