While visiting us in Park City, Utah on a ski trip, our friend Pete gave us this tasty recipe to try and we loved it. As the title suggests, this is one of his family’s special recipes. Easy to prep, easy to cook….you’re going to like this one.
Serve it with your favorite veggie, a tasty rice pilaf, and a bottle or two of Pinot Blanc.
Whenever a dish is “Florentine,” you can expect it to contain spinach. This version, from a dear friend from Utah, also includes onions, mushrooms and Parmesan cheese.
This is a great fish dish; add a couple of sides and you have a wonderful meal.
Sole Florentine Recipe
- Clean and destem the spinach and then slice the onion and mushroom
- Grease a large baking dish with butter.
- Layer the dish in the following order... onions, mushrooms, spinach, sole (dark side down).
- Squeeze juice of lemon over the sole.
- Mix mayonnaise, cheese and Worcestershire sauce and spread over fish.
- Bake at 350° F for 20-25 minutes. Top should be golden brown.